Feb 21, 2023
Simplified management of Windows Server with Automanage and Hotpatch capabilities. Automanage in Azure is a unified solution to automate operations, apply consistent best practices, and enforce policies on the servers you manage via Azure and Azure Arc. Use Hotpatch capabilities for Windows Server Azure Edition VMs to speed up deployment of updates and minimize reboots, so you can apply security updates faster.
Lead engineer for the Azure control plane, Dean Wells, joins Jeremy Chapman to share updates to Windows Server.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:34 - Automanage capabilities
03:26 - Behind Machine Configuration setting
05:00 - Steps to get new or existing servers to Automanaged state
06:22 - Correct a non-conformant state
08:17 - Hotpatch capabilities
11:56 - Wrap up
► Link References:
More about running Windows Server on Azure at https://aka.ms/wsonazure
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics