Jun 22, 2023
Get information ready for search, put key prerequisites in place, and assign licenses to prepare for the next transformation in how we work with Microsoft 365 Copilot.
Copilot leverages large language models that interact with your organization's data using the Microsoft Graph to generate personalized experiences with related context, reducing the steps to find the information you need and generate content. By design, Copilot respects user-specific permissions to any content or information it retrieves, and only generates responses based on information that users explicitly have permission to access.
Join Jeremy Chapman, Director of Microsoft 365, as he shares admin steps to get started, by:
1. Getting your organization's information ready for search -
with Just Enough Access permissions in place. This is a best
practice, whether you plan to deploy Microsoft 365 Copilot or
2. Putting Microsoft 365 Copilot prerequisites in place. This includes the having the right Microsoft cloud apps and services running for each user with access to Microsoft 365 Copilot, and
3. Assigning Microsoft 365 Copilot licensing to users and groups to provide them access.
And finally, with everything prepared and ready, it's important to have a plan in place to drive user adoption and optimize results by creating a center of excellence - as you would with other app and service - rollout to let people share easily share what's working best for them and find help from internal champions.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:48 - Step One: Get information ready to search
03:00 - Just Enough Access
03:34 - Tools to find info at risk for oversharing
04:54 - Step Two: Get prerequisites in place
06:00 - Step Three: Assign M365 Copilot licenses
07:20 - Establish a Center of Excellence
07:55 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Prerequisites for Microsoft 365 Copilot and supported apps at https://aka.ms/M365CopilotPreReqs
Hands-on support with Microsoft FastTrack services at https://fasttrack.microsoft.com
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics