Jun 28, 2023
Architect workloads in Azure for long-term efficiency and growth. Consolidate VM count and transition applications to containers using the discovery and assessment tool in Azure Migrate. Use Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and DevOps practices for more efficient workload management. Increase capacity at any scale and work across different data types using SQL Serverless architecture.
Azure Expert, Matt McSpirit, joins Jeremy Chapman to share cloud-native approaches to run workloads in Azure for reduced costs.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:06 - Consolidate VM count
02:35 - Assessment and migration options
04:01 - AKS-specific options
05:34 - Management processes
06:37 - Efficiency for data backend
07:39 - Paths for cloud analytics and AI
08:16 - Query efficiency and compat levels
09:47 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Quick ways to reduce Azure costs at https://aka.ms/CostReductionMechanics
How to change the compat level at https://aka.ms/SQL22Mechanics
More ideas for workload efficiency at https://aka.ms/Azure-DMWL
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics