Jul 11, 2023
Automate manual steps to onboard and offboard users as they enter or leave your organization using Microsoft Entra. For onboarding, manage user identities, grant permissions to access necessary information, and provide users with what they need to be productive, such as computer hardware. As people leave the organization, deprovisioning is critical to maintain security and compliance. Lifecycle Workflows in Microsoft Entra ID Governance can help with pre-built templates for common tasks.
Microsoft Entra is a complete identity management platform with everything you knew about Azure Active Directory, along with new capabilities. Identity lifecycle management automation removes many of the manual steps of everyday identity management tasks. With Lifecycle Workflows, users experience more consistency for better job satisfaction and reduced risk. It works with HR systems, like Workday and SuccessFactors, as part of the onboarding and offboarding workflow.
Jeremy Chapman, Director of Microsoft 365, walks through Identity Lifecycle Management automation in Microsoft Entra.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:28 - Automate employee onboarding
04:19 - Automate employee offboarding
05:41 - Workflow history
06:58 - Built-in change tracking for version history
08:30 - Wrap up
► Link References:
For more on lifecycle workflows, check out https://aka.ms/ILMDocs
Try it out at https://entra.microsoft.com
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics