Mar 7, 2023
Secure the best price performance at scale for block storage options with Azure Disk Storage and Azure Elastic SAN, and benefit from Azure’s industry leading SLAs for high availability, resiliency and disaster recovery. Storage is a major component that determines the cost of running workloads.
Azure Disk Storage provides a comprehensive spectrum of block storage options for any workload, regardless of performance needs. This includes the new fully-managed Elastic SAN service in Azure to share storage across workloads in your network and give you a first-time alternative to running your SAN on-premises.
Azure expert, Matt McSpirit, shares how to choose and attach the right OS or data disk storage as you provision VMs in Azure.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
00:51 - Workload requirements
02:34 - Premium SSD
04:12 - Premium SSD v2 & Ultra Disk
05:37 - Azure Elastic SAN
08:14 - Low-cost storage options
09:23 - Additional options
10:02 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Get started at https://aka.ms/AzureDiskStorage
Check out Azure Elastic SAN at https://aka.ms/AzureElasticSANMechanics
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics