Apr 12, 2023
Extract text automatically from forms, structured or unstructured documents, and text-based images at scale with AI and OCR using Azure’s Form Recognizer service and the Form Recognizer Studio. Build intelligent document processing apps using Azure AI services. Leverage pre-trained models or build your own custom models to help speed up app development with the SDK and APIs.
Use a pre-built model for W2 forms Build and train custom models to extract data from 1099, 1040, and W9 forms Extract data from receipts with handwritten tips, in different languages, currencies, and date formats.
Bema Bonsu, from Azure's AI engineering team in Azure, joins Jeremy Chapman to share updates to custom app experiences for document processing.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:50 - Form Recognizer updates
03:27 - Extract data from tax forms
04:56 - Extract data from handwritten text and other languages
06:00 - Build and train custom models
08:27 - Extract data from unstructured docs
10:15 - Code behind custom apps
12:07 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Get started with Azure Form Recognizer Studio at https://aka.ms/formrecognizerstudio
Find out more about Contracts 365 and their services at: https://www.contracts365.com/
H&R Block and how they use Form Recognizer: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ai-applied-ai-blog/automating-tax-documents-processing-with-azure-form-recognizer/ba-p/3650168
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics? As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics