Jun 21, 2022
As you build new Cloud-based services and migrate or modernize check out the new tools to assess where you are in your Cloud journey and how to automate the build out of recommended foundational services to host your workloads in Azure. We take a look at updates to the Azure Landing Zone guidance, that gives you proven best practices, architectural blueprint and tooling.
Whether you're in a data center, you need to move fast to accommodate new circumstances for your organization, or you simply started experimenting with new services—that experimental workload could be playing an essential role in your operations, while the long-term foundation for your workload might be overlooked. This overview details how recent Azure Landing Zone updates are all about setting you up properly for future growth and scale, while addressing current realities.
Anyone who's building on the Cloud knows you don't always know what you don't know. Instead of going through the pain of experience, Azure Landing Zone gives you a clear path forward to avoid specific gotchas from the get go.
Azure Landing Zone expert Matt McSpirit joins Jeremy Chapman to walk you through recent updates.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 Introduction of Azure Landing Zone updates
00:49 Driving events that push you to consider the Cloud
01:42 Updates to the architecture
02:24 Modular approach that's scalable and repeatable
03:40 Root Management Group - organize subscriptions for services
04:30 On ramps for various starting points
05:43 Land Zone Review
7:50 Build with Landing Zone Accelerator
11:08 How to get started
► Link Reference:
Find everything you need for Azure Landing Zones: aka.ms/alz
Assess where your organization lands in the Cloud adoption framework: aka.ms/landingzonereview
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
• As the Microsoft’s official video series for IT, you can watch
and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech
from the people who build it at Microsoft. Subscribe to our
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
• To get the newest tech for IT in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/msftmechanics
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/microsoftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics