Go on a tour of Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), and see all the latest updates. If you're new to WVD, it's a desktop and app virtualization service hosted in Azure, and it’s more popular than ever with the global acceleration of people working remotely. Kam VedBrat, Partner Group Program Manager for Windows Virtual Desktop, joins host Jeremy Chapman to show how they’ve been accelerating efforts to improve elasticity, simplify deployment and management, and optimize latency for customers all over the world.
► Updates include:
• Microsoft Teams A/V redirect: improves latency and reduces CPU usage, which lowers costs
• QuickStart: streamlines the setup experience, and makes deployment easier
• Service Monitoring: a dashboard with all the essential KPIs to monitor user experience and performance
• Policy management and security configuration: Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session support is coming to Microsoft Endpoint Manager for hybrid AAD joined VMs
• MSIX App Attach: you can have a slim virtual desktop image and customize the apps that are available for each user
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
00:17 - WVD Progress
02:12 - Microsoft Teams A/V redirect
03:07 - QuickStart
04:07 - Service Monitoring
05:49 - Policy Management
07:18 - MSIX App Attach
09:04 - How to Lower Costs
► Link References:
The new WVD QuickStart can deploy a full WVD environment for you with the click of a button at https://aka.ms./WVDQuickStart.
Learn how to scale your VM's and find guidance on setting up the scaling tool at https://aka.ms/wvdautoscale.
Check out our updated learning path for WVD, and walk through the new setup and management processes at https://aka.ms/LearnWVD.
Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics? We are Microsoft’s official video series for IT. You can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries?sub_confirmation=1
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/microsoftmechanics/