Oct 3, 2022
These are the best practices and tips to set yourself up for success with Windows Autopilot. Windows Autopilot is a feature within Intune that allows you to send devices directly from hardware providers to end users.
New device provisioning is foundational to cloud attach and cloud-based update management. During initial Windows setup, Autopilot enables users to enroll their device through Intune device management, so PCs get to a managed and productive state without reimaging.
Principal GPM for Microsoft Windows, Jason Githens, compares the benefits and tradeoffs of Azure AD Join versus Windows Autopilot and shows how to enable Windows Autopilot for easy device enrollment.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
00:39 - Options to enroll devices into Intune
02:56 - Benefits and tradeoffs of Windows Autopilot
04:05 - Admin setup
05:07 - Autopilot settings
07:37 - Tips for success
08:43 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Get started at https://aka.ms/WindowsAutopilotDocs
Check out our playlist for Windows cloud-based management at https://aka.ms/ManagementMechanics
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics? As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries?sub_confirmation=1
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
• To get the newest tech for IT in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/msftmechanics
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/microsoftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics