Sep 20, 2022
Go inside our new cloud service with ring-based deployment built-in for the automation of software update management for Windows, Microsoft Edge and your Office and Microsoft 365 apps, including Teams. Windows Autopatch will provide upcoming support for Windows 11 upgrades. If you're using our premium subscription services, it may be available to you at no additional cost.
Jeremy Chapman, Microsoft 365 Director, reverse engineers Windows Autopatch service to show how it works (within Intune and Azure Active Directory), how to get it running, and the time saving configurations it makes on your behalf.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
02:11 - Enable Windows Autopatch
02:58 - Register devices
05:47 - How sequenced rollouts work
08:19 - Behind broad ring policy
09:42 - Office and Microsoft 365 app updates
10:13 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Get started at https://aka.ms/WindowsAutopatch
Watch our Windows Management series at https://aka.ms/ManagementMechanics
Check out our previous show on Windows update policies at https://aka.ms/WUfBMechanics
See options for Microsoft 365 App updates at https://aka.ms/OfficeUpdateMechanics
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries?sub_confirmation=1
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
• To get the newest tech for IT in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/msftmechanics
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/microsoftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics