Apr 12, 2022
What's in store for Windows 365? Get a early look at what’s coming for Cloud PC experiences with Windows 365, including deeper Windows 11 integration with capabilities for booting directly to your Cloud PC, the new Windows 365 app experience, as well as switching from your local device to your Cloud PC. For admins, we’ll show you how setup and management is easy with native, fully cloud managed Azure Active Directory authentication for your Windows 365 Cloud PCs and the new Windows 365 Business simplified admin experience. Scott Manchester, Partner Director PM for Windows 365, joins Jeremy Chapman to share all the Windows 365 updates.
- Windows 365 Boot will allow specialized devices to go from
powering on, to logging in directly to your Cloud PC.
- Windows 365 Switch will enable fast desktop switching via the Task View in Windows 11 to move to your Cloud PC and from there back to your local desktop.
- Windows 365 app will be included in a future Windows 11 release and available for Windows 10, which allows you to access your Cloud PCs, manage and troubleshoot them.
- Windows 365 Offline in the future will allow your Cloud PC to sync locally on your device and you'll be able to work without an internet connection; then once you reconnect any changes made will synchronize to your Cloud PC.
- Azure Active Directory Join support for Windows 365 Enterprise is currently in preview and will be generally available in May.
- Updates to the Windows 365 Business portal and simplified management experiences for small businesses, and
- New Microsoft 365 Lighthouse portal integration for partners who manage multiple customer tenants.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:44 - Boot directly to your Cloud PC with Windows 365 Boot
02:44 - How it works behind the scenes
03:35 - Windows 365 app to access and manage your Cloud PC
05:23 - Windows 365 Switch to move between your local device and Cloud PC
06:11 - Admin setup and management updates
08:14 - Windows 365 Business portal
10:35 - Windows 365 Offline for using your Cloud PC when disconnected
11:22 - Wrap-up
► Link References:
To learn more about Windows 365, check out https://windows365.com
Let us know what you think and give us your feedback at https://aka.ms/W365Feedback
See our previous show introducing Windows 365 at https://aka.ms/Windows365Mechanics
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics? We are Microsoft’s official video series for IT. You can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
Subscribe to our YouTube:
Join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
Watch or listen via podcast here: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/