May 3, 2023
Add customizations to your inventory tracking apps in Part 2 of our series on how to build your first app in Power Apps. See how to add new part records and a search function to quickly find inventory as your catalog grows, incorporate logic to trigger an email notification when parts are running low, change the color theme, and upload photos of parts to the catalog to accompany records.
In Part 1 of the series, we showed the basics of how to build an inventory tracking app from scratch incorporating AI-driven Copilot capabilities. We added a mechanical parts table for data entry and sample data stored in Dataverse on the backend.
Emma Cooper, Principal PM Manager for Power Apps, gives step-by-step instructions to customize your app in Power Apps.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:23 - Add a new record
03:57 - Add search
05:55 - Add logic
10:21 - Change the theme
10:47 - Add photos
12:11 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Watch part one of our series at https://aka.ms/MechanicsPA1
Our entire series is at https://aka.ms/PowerAppsAuthoring
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics