Oct 18, 2022
Find out what’s new and what’s coming in Windows 365, if you're using it or administering the service for your organization, including the new Windows 365 Desktop App to access Cloud PCs, more comprehensive IT management, and new integration with Citrix HDX+ for Windows 365.
Scott Manchester, lead engineer on the Windows 365 team at Microsoft, walks through the new Windows 365 app, in preview, along with all of the updates. There are new controls for Cloud PC backup and restore as well as new monitoring capabilities coming in Microsoft Intune to discover Cloud PCs with slow networking connection speeds and troubleshoot. You will also be able to detect underutilized Cloud PCs and have the ability to upsize or downsize them to match demand.
Jeremy Chapman then shows new integration coming with Citrix HDX+ for Windows 365 to easily connect the services, an early look of defining and enforcing Citrix policies from within Intune, and how you can use the Citrix Workspace app to access your Windows 365 Cloud PCs along with the familiar Citrix HDX user experience.
And watch till the end to see the updates for Windows 365 Business Edition, including how you can use a Microsoft account like outlook.com for secure login, and new integration coming to enroll Business Edition Cloud PCs easily into Intune for management.
00:00 What's new and what's coming for Windows 365
01:35 New Windows 365 app, now in preview
04:24 New and upcoming management controls for Windows 365 in Intune
08:45 What's coming with Citrix HDX+ for Windows 365
10:41 Updates for Government Community Cloud and shift workers for Windows 365
11:16 What's new for Windows 365 Business Edition
► Link References
Windows 365 on the web: https://www.windows365.com
Windows 365 app: https://www.aka.ms/windows365app
Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries?sub_confirmation=1
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
• To get the newest tech for IT in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/msftmechanics
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics