May 10, 2023
In Part 3 of our series, add Copilot to a simple app in Power Apps. Copilot user controls are rolling out now in preview. See how to add navigation between screens and conditional formatting using generative AI. Publish and share your app with your team, and integrate it with Microsoft Teams or Sharepoint to make it more discoverable.
In Part 1 and 2 of the series, we showed the basics of how to build an inventory tracking app from scratch incorporating AI-driven Copilot capabilities. We added a mechanical parts table for data entry and sample data stored in Dataverse on the backend. Then, we added customizations such as new part records, a search function, and incorporated logic to trigger an email notification.
Emma Cooper, Principal PM Manager for Power Apps, delivers the final installment of our 3-part overview on the fundamentals for building your Power App from scratch.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:15 - How to find your apps
02:28 - Add Copilot to your app
04:24 - Navigate between screens
05:31 - Change screen names
06:45 - Conditional formatting
08:30 - How to publish your app
09:33 - How to share your app
11:24 - Integrate with Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint
11:49 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Our entire series is at https://aka.ms/PowerAppsAuthoring
Find apps you’ve been working on in https://make.powerapps.com
Power Fx formula options at https://aka.ms/PowerFxRef
Information on security roles and privileges at https://aka.ms/PowerPlatformRoles
Continue your learning at https://aka.ms/PAresources
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics