Feb 6, 2023
Protect sensitive data everywhere you create, view, and access information with one Data Loss Prevention policy in Microsoft Purview. From email, SharePoint and OneDrive accounts, to Microsoft 365 apps including Microsoft Teams, files managed on device endpoints for both Windows and macOS, as well as non-Microsoft cloud apps and services, and file share servers running on-premises or in the cloud. One policy protects data across all these locations and services. Cloud-native protection is built into apps, services, and devices, eliminating the need to add solutions, deploy agents, or configure policies in multiple locations.
Shilpa Bothra, Product Marketing Manager for Microsoft Purview DLP, shares how to keep data safe and users productive with differentiated data restrictions in place.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
02:29 - Prereqs to configure Endpoint DLP
05:25 - Policy demo
08:12 - Customization and business justification
10:18 - Monitor your policy
11:27 - Migrate Symantec DLP to Purview DLP
11:50 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Watch our Microsoft Purview series at https://aka.ms/DataSecurityMechanics
Information on Data Loss Prevention at https://aka.ms/DLPDocs
Details about advanced classification methods at https://aka.ms/DLPadvancedclassification
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics