Jul 6, 2022
Simplify your Kubernetes experience, without compromising the power of what it can do. If you're experienced or new to cloud-native apps, you'll get a closer look at the recent updates for Azure Kubernetes Service to improve and streamline the developer experience, with the new open-source Draft bootstrapping tool, to containerize and prepare your apps for deployment, along with the new managed Kubernetes Event Driven Autoscaler – or KEDA.
And for operators, we’ll share how you can now run Kubernetes in ARM-based VMs, and Windows Server 2022 node pools, as well as storage driver and traffic optimizations in Azure to speed up performance.
Join Jorge Palma, Principal PM Lead, from the Azure Kubernetes Service Team and Jeremy Chapman as they walk you through the benefits and details of building, scaling and operating Kubernetes workloads in Azure.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 Intro to recent updates for Azure Kubernetes Service
01:49 What are Smart Defaults and how do they help you get started?
03:39 What is the fastest way to get an app running on Kubernetes?
04:57 How does the Draft bootstrapping tool make Kubernetes easier?
09:58 What is Azure managed Grafana and how does it improve monitoring
10:38 Kubernetes can target Windows Server 2022 and ARM-based VMs
11:06 Performance updates to storage drivers
► Link Reference:
Find the latest information on Kubernetes updates: aka.ms/KubernetesMechanics
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
• As the Microsoft’s official video series for IT, you can watch
and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech
from the people who build it at Microsoft. Subscribe to our
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t...https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/website
• To get the newest tech for IT in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/msftmechanics
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/microsoftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics