Jul 12, 2023
Migrate from Active Directory Federation Services to Microsoft Entra ID, formerly Azure Active Directory. Many key blockers have been removed with Microsoft Entra ID, including capabilities like certificate-based auth, group filtering, group transformation, and token augmentation. Additional capabilities include conditional access and phish-resistant passwordless authentication.
Jeremy Chapman, Director at Microsoft 365, shares the steps to migrate from AD FS to Microsoft Entra, as well as an inside look at the management and IT experience.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
01:27 - Why migrate from AD FS?
02:32 - Compare the management experience
03:58 - IT perspective
04:48 - How to migrate from AD FS to Microsoft Entra
05:31 - Walk through the setup
06:35 - Salesforce process
07:22 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Tutorials and resources for the most common apps at https://aka.ms/migrateapps
Hands-on guidance and detailed documentation for migration at https://aka.ms/adfs2entra
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics