Jul 18, 2023
Move on-premises VMware or Hyper-V workloads to the cloud with Azure Migrate. Discover and assess your VMs, generate a business case for moving Windows and Linux VMs into Azure, and use integrated tools to replicate and migrate your VMs into production running on Azure.
Get Extended Security Updates until October 2026 along with upgrade rights to a supported Windows Server release if you’re migrating Windows Server 2012 VMs to Azure.
Azure expert, Matt McSpirit, gives a quick overview of how to migrate your VMware virtual machines to Azure.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Introduction
00:31 - Prerequisites
01:12 - VM discovery
03:15 - Discovered servers
04:12 - New business case assessment
05:55 - Create an assessment to migrate VMs into Azure
06:54 - Replicate VMs into Azure
08:35 - Run test migrations
09:14 - Migrate VMs into production
09:47 - Wrap up
► Link References:
Set up permissions in Azure at https://aka.ms/VMwarePrereqs
Details to migrate complete VMware environments and run them in Azure at https://aka.ms/AVSmechanics
For expert migration help go to https://azure.com/AMMP
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics